Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:42:29 +0200
From: Yair Davidiy
Subject: "Brit-Am Now"-511
2. BRIT-AM LIST OF 106 BIBLICAL PROOFS
3. Other Brit-Am Proofs
What do you think of the Karaites?
This question comes up now and again.
The Karaites are people who claim they are Jewish but reject Rabbinical Traditions.
Brit-Am does not concern itself with religious beliefs as such though we do emphasize the Bible.
The three Rs of Brit-Am are:
Apart from that the heads of Brit-Am are definable as practising Orthodox Jews who adhere to Rabbinical traditions
and Brit-Am Commentary also quotes from Rabbinical sources where these are relevant. On the other hand a good portion
of Brit-Am supporters are Christians many of whom have adopted aspects of the Law according to their own understanding.
Karaites are people who effectively deny the Law as it is generally understood.
A discussion of the Oral Law by Brit-Am co-founder Rabbi Avraham Feld may be found at:
[This article was an appendix to the first edition of our book, "Joseph. The Israelite destiny of America".
The second edition of this book is now at the printers and should shortly be available.
It includes additional material but NOT the Appendix by Rabbi Feld. Rabbi Feld has re-written
and expanded his article and when possible we may publish it as a separate booklet.]
Brit-Am emphasizes the Bible, Ancestry, Identification.
These parallel the three Rs, i.e.
a. Research- Ancestry [History proves ancestral origins]
b. Revelation- Scripture [Scripture confirms ancestry and justifies the revelation of obtained knowledge to those it belongs to]
c. Reconciliation- Identification [A True realization of Identity should lead automatically to the wish for re-union between Judah and Israel].
The Karaites are active on the Internet and here and there their activities and doctrines affect Brit-Am ands we are asked about them.
We distinguish between (a) Historical Karaites and (b) Karaites on the Internet.
Concerning (a) Historical Karaites, there were two groups:
(1) Those of Europe who intermarried with non-Jews and in effect are not considered Jewish
and do not identify as such and none (as far as I know) of whom came to Israel.
(2) Those of Africa (i.e. Egypt), Syria, and Iraq who are considered Jewish and most of whom
now live in the State of Israel.
Concerning the Karaites of Europe see what we wrote in our article on the Khazars:
The Khazars and Karaites
<< The Khazars ruled over many peoples some of whom were also influenced by Hebraising tendencies. In Judaism at that time there were two main streams. There were Rabbinical Jews who parallel the Orthodox Jews of today, who believed in the Bible and in its interpretation according to oral tradition. They were homogeneous, (still are), and consistent in their basic beliefs and practices. They usually managed to reach a consensus regarding the practical application of Biblical injunctions. Another group were the Karaites who claimed to believe only in Scripture. The Karaites, however, were actually eclectic and widely divergent amongst themselves in their interpretation of Scripture. The Karaite movement in the modern sense had begun in the region of present-day Iraq but its roots may be traced back to the Samaritans and to the Sadducees and to other sects of former times. Amongst the numerous groups subject to the Khazars were Tartars and Turkish elements and some of these accepted the Karaite form of religion. ...The Karaites of Russia freely intermarried with the Tartars and spoke a Tartar dialect. Groups of Karaites were found in Lithuania and southern Russia and the Crimea and at one stage even in Germany. Under the Czars the Jews were persecuted and the Karaites naturally wished to be exempt from anti-Jewish discrimination. They, therefore, claimed to be descended from the Lost Ten Tribes and not Judaeans and so could not be held responsible for the crucifixion.
Crimean Tombstones and the Lost Ten Tribes
(b) Karaites on the Internet. These are a group of mainly young American Jews in Jerusalem
whose parents or grandparents were Orthodox Rabbinical Jews and who I understand
(if they are Jewish) have to get married in Rabbinical Courts since the Karaite community in Israel does not recognize them.
We discussed aspects of the Oral Law in our book "Ephraim" where we proved that apparent Rabbinical illogicalities
such as not eating meat with milk are in fact derived from the Hebrew language as employed in Scripture.
The Karaites in effect say that the Bible and Biblical Law may be interpreted in whatever way
appeals to the individual;
From the Karaite FAQ web-site
"If Karaites can accept any interpretation of the Bible than why not just accept the Rabbinic interpretation?
"Choosing a correct interpretation is not a matter of arbitrarily picking between several equal options but requires intense study to discover the strengths and weeknesses of each argument. In the end the individual must make a decision based on their conscience and understanding.>>
In other words if you believe that the Almighty was the author of Scripture and that He did not know exactly what He intended
when He gave the Law, nor did He give authority to the sages to decide how the Law should be applied
despite Deuteronomy 17:8-12 then maybe the Karaites are for you.
The Bible says that there must be an authority to decide what to do when how the Law is to be applied is uncertain.
The Bible also says that Legal Decisions reached by this authority must be adhered to even if one does not agree with them
or with how they were derived:
[Deuteronomy 17:8] IF THERE ARISE A MATTER TOO HARD FOR THEE IN JUDGMENT, BETWEEN BLOOD AND BLOOD,
BETWEEN PLEA AND PLEA, AND BETWEEN STROKE AND STROKE, BEING MATTERS OF CONTROVERSY WITHIN THY
GATES: THEN SHALT THOU ARISE, AND GET THEE UP INTO THE PLACE WHICH THE LORD THY GOD SHALL CHOOSE;
[Deuteronomy 17:9] AND THOU SHALT COME UNTO THE PRIESTS THE LEVITES, AND UNTO THE JUDGE
THAT SHALL BE IN THOSE DAYS, AND ENQUIRE; AND THEY SHALL SHEW THEE THE SENTENCE OF JUDGMENT:
[Deuteronomy 17:10] AND THOU SHALT DO ACCORDING TO THE SENTENCE, WHICH THEY OF THAT PLACE
WHICH THE LORD SHALL CHOOSE SHALL SHEW THEE; AND THOU SHALT OBSERVE TO DO ACCORDING
TO ALL THAT THEY INFORM THEE:
[Deuteronomy 17:11] ACCORDING TO THE SENTENCE OF THE LAW WHICH THEY SHALL TEACH THEE,
AND ACCORDING TO THE JUDGMENT WHICH THEY SHALL TELL THEE, THOU SHALT DO: THOU SHALT
NOT DECLINE FROM THE SENTENCE WHICH THEY SHALL SHEW THEE, TO THE RIGHT HAND, NOR TO THE LEFT.
[Deuteronomy 17:12] AND THE MAN THAT WILL DO PRESUMPTUOUSLY, AND WILL NOT HEARKEN UNTO
THE PRIEST THAT STANDETH TO MINISTER THERE BEFORE THE LORD THY GOD, OR UNTO THE JUDGE,
EVEN THAT MAN SHALL DIE: AND THOU SHALT PUT AWAY THE EVIL FROM ISRAEL..
It is however our understanding that the Lost Ten Tribes are NOT at present obligated by the Law
though this may change in the future.
We do however view with favor the tendency of many of those from the Lost Tribes who study the Bible,
agree with Brit-Am, and adopt Hebraic practices. This to our minds is a Prelude to ultimate
It also concerns theological considerations that we have no opinion about and discussion of which we try
BRIT-AM LIST OF 106 BIBLICAL PROOFS
[A group of peoples must be located that fit ALL of the criteria]
1. Ends of the Earth: Isaiah 24:16, 26:15, 41:8-9 43:6 49:6
2. Isles Isaiah 24:15 49:6 60:9 Jeremiah 31: 9-10
3. Thighs, Peninsulas, and Coasts: Jeremiah 31:8
4. Tarshish (Atlantic Ocean Area) Isaiah 60:9
5. Western Location: Isaiah 24:14, Hosea 1:10
6. Located to the Northwest of the Land of Israel: Isaiah 49:12
7. In the "North" Land: Jeremiah 3:18 31: 6-10
8. Australia ("Land of Sinim" Computer Codes) Isaiah 49:8
9. Best Places (Atziliyah) Isaiah 41: 9
10. Fires in the Isles referring to Celtic Britain Isaiah 24:15
11: Zarephath, meaning France and Britain, Obadiah 1:20
12. Dolmens showing Pathway of Migration Jeremiah 31:21
13. Many Waters (Several Oceans) Numbers 24:7
B. RECOGNIZABLE SYMBOLS
14. Bald-Headed Eagle (symbol of USA) Micah 1:16
15. Lion and Unicorn (Symbol of Britain) Numbers 24:7-9
C. HISTORICAL BEHAVIOR
16. Cyrus: Messiah son of Joseph (see "Joseph") Isaiah 44:28
17. Rule Over OTHER Peoples: Genesis 27:29 48:19 "A MULTITUDE OF NATIONS"
(Hebrew: "Malo HaGoyim" i.e. Complete the Peoples, Onkelos: = Rule over the nations), Psalms 47:3
18. Brit-Am Isaiah 42:6 49:8 Covenant of the People
19. Seafarers Isaiah 42:10
20. Be the Dominant World Power Numbers 24:7-9 Micah 5:7-9
21. Military Power: Deuteronomy 33:27 33:29 Jer. 51:20-21
22. The "police-man" (battle-ax) of the Almighty Zechariah 10:7
23. Defeat Edom (Germany and Europe) Ez. 25:14 Obad. 1:18
24. Light for the Gentiles Genesis 12:2-3, 18:18-19, 22:18 24:4 Isaiah 42:1 42:6 Amos 6:15
25: Alcoholic Drunkards Isaiah 28:1, 3
14. Separate from Judah: Isaiah 11:12-13 49:21
15. Not known to Judah: Isaiah 49:13-14, 21. Hosea 1:7
16. Christianity: Hosea 2:8, 2:13, 2:16 11:12 Jeremiah 31:6
17. Gomer: Linkage with European nations: Hosea chapter one
18. Numerous: Genesis 15:5, 22:17, 24:60, 32:12, Numbers 23:10, Isaiah 10:22, 24:16, 26:15 Hos.1:10
19. Agricultural Plenty: Gen 27:28 49:25 Deut 33:13-16 Hoshea 2:8
20. Mineral Resources Genesis 49:25 Deuteronomy 33:13, 15
21. GATE(s) OF YOUR ENEMIES (International Strategic Points) Genesis 22:17 24:60
22, 23, 24. Cush (India), Egypt, Chains in Slaves from Africa to be taken overseas to homeland: Isa. 44:28 also Isa 43:3 45:14
25. Ruled by Sons of David Jeremiah 33:22, 26
26. Headed by Kings Genesis 17:6, 16, 35:11
G. ANCESTRAL NAMES IN GENERAL
27. The name Hebrew (Western Celts were "Iberi"): Genesis 14:13 39:17 40:15 1:12 43:32 Jonah 1:9
28. Isaac: (Genesis 21:12 48:16). Scythians, Zohak, Ishkuza, Sacasson, Saxon.
29. Jacob: Isaiah 49:6 Tribes of Jacob: Union Jack, Yankee,
30. John "Bull (nickname for Britain): Deut 33:17 Jeremiah 31:18 "Aegel" (Angle) was a nickname for Ephraim
31-101. Seventy Tribal and Clan Names still used
H. NATIONAL CHARACTERISTICS
102. Nobility Principle associated with Ephraim (UK) Jer. 31:20
103. Representative Democracy associated with Manasseh (USA) Genesis 41:51
104. The name "America" from Machir firstborn of Manasseh. USA the major Capitalist nation and "Machir" denotes Principle of Sale.
105. Zebulon on the shores of the Sea (Gen 49:13) Sabulingoi (People of Zebulon) in Holland who do literally dwell on the sea-shores.
106. Numerous Other Proofs in Scripture and Related Sources.
3. Other Brit-Am Proofs
(a. Historical Evidence of Migrations indicating that ancestors of western peoples derive from ancient Hebrews.
(b. Hebraic Nature of National Cultures and attitudes.
(c. Ultimate Identification and identity of interest with Judah.
Spreading the Brit-Am message is our task.
We do this full time and God willing will continue to do so
as long as necessary.
Your purchases and offerings enable us to work for our peoples.
If possible please send us an offering along with an order for our
All prices include postage by air-mail.
"THE TRIBES. The Israelite Origins of Western Peoples" (3rd edition)
Book is a Classic. ca 592 pages including 48 maps and 44 illustrations.
Vital information in a highly readable text. Special introductory price
Also AVAILABLE :
"Origin. You too are from Israel! You too are the People"
[A Summary of Most of the Major Biblical and Historical Research
"Biblical Truth. The Lost Ten Tribes in the West "
"Ephraim. The Gentile Children of Israel"
"Joseph. The Israelite Destiny of America",
PLUS a sample issue of our
magazine BRIT-AM Truth
Any two of the above four books plus an issue of the magazine for $30
All four books plus an issue of the magazine for $50
Magazine "Brit-Am Truth" usual price $15 one issue
5 issues $40
12 issues $80
20 issues for $120
Upon subscribing (for five issues or more) you will receive an official
with the Brit-Am symbol in colors of red, white, and blue.
The prices include postage by air-mail.
Send a personal check to the address below:
"And I will bless them that bless you" (Genesis 12:15).