1. Belief in Biblical Prophecy: This principle is open to interpretation. We are not laying down any iron-cast rules on the subject. We are not saying that our interpretations of prophecy have to be accepted. We simply require recognition in principle of Biblical Prophecy.
2. No self-hatred. Refusal to countenance hatred or unfair attitudes towards Israelite entities. No anti-Jewishness, no hatred of America, no hatred of Britain, etc.
3. The Lost Ten Tribes are today found mainly amongst "Gentile" peoples especially those in parts of Western Europe and their descendants overseas.
4. Many descendants of Israelites and Jews are also to be found scattered throughout the world. Brit-Am is open to these people and we categorize them (for want of a better term) under the heading of "Captive Jews".
(Captive Jews are Israelite or Jewish descendants who lost their identity and emerged from amongst dominantly non-Israelite peoples. The are distinct from the Lost Ten Tribes in so far as the LTTs retained some degree of communal cohesion.)
The aim of the organization is to spread (Propagation) Biblical and General Knowledge of Brit-Am Identity, as well as encourage further research, etc., and ALSO to enable association of those who believe in it, i.e. Fellowship. We wish primarily to spread the message of Hebrew Identity and to constructively interest as many people as possible.
The Organization (referred to as "Brit-Am") will be headed by Yair Davidiy. The headquarters will be in Jerusalem. These two points are functionally necessary at present since the Organization is just getting on its feet. Branches will be established wherever possible.
to build this organization and give it a formal and dynamic structure.
BRIT-AM ISRAEL is also known simply as "Brit-Am" and the term "Brit-Am"
may be used interchangeable with BRIT-AM ISRAEL. BRIT-AM
ISRAEL in Hebrew means:
"A covenant [brit] of the people [am] of Israel. It involves a play on words; Isaiah twice refers to the lost Ten Tribes as a "Brit-Am" (Covenant of the People), see Isaiah 42;6 and Isaiah 49;8.
In addition "Brit-Am" is the same as early medieval forms of the name "Britain". It hints at both Britain (Brit), and America (Am), with the additional name "Israel" (as in "BRIT-AM ISRAEL"). It also indicates the present State of Israel and the Jews. In the State of Israel the term "Am Yisrael" is commonly used to denote all the Jewish people.
The name BRIT-AM ISRAEL therefore encompasses those peoples we are, at present, sending our message .
BRIT-AM ISRAEL BELIEVES:
* The Hebrew Bible (Tenach) is the message of God.
* The (Hebrew) Bible has a message pertinent to all mankind. According to the Bible those who are of Hebrew descent have a special role to play while a corresponding extra commitment is required of them.
(Below is a summarization of our research results up to now: Our tribal identifications are not iron-clad principles. It is enough to accept the principle that the Lost Ten Tribes are to be found largely amongst people of western origins and the USA, without being specific and without nullifying other possibilities. Our researches to-date have led us to the conclusion that:)
* Out of the original 12 Tribes of Israel, Ten were lost. Two remained. The present-day Jews being descended mainly from the two remaining Tribes of Judah and Benjamin.
* The Khazars were a Kingdom in southern Russia, many of whose leaders converted to Judaism. The Khazars were descended from the Lost Ten Tribes. The Khazars were blood-relatives of the Picts who went to Scotland, and of the Anglo-Saxons, and of peoples in Scandinavia. In addition to the Khazars many other converts to Judaism through the ages were descended from assimilated Jews, or from members of the Lost Ten Tribes. Similarly, many of those who came as immigrants from other places to "Lost Israelite" host nations were descended themselves from Israelites.
* Most of the Lost Ten Tribes migrated to Northwest and Western Europe and their descendants are now in those areas or in North America, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
* We do not claim that all residents of the said nations are descended from Israel. We do, however, affirm that most descendants of the Lost Ten Tribes are residents of those nations. On the whole they are unaware of their Israelite Identity. Even so in the course of history the Israelite origins of peoples in those areas have influenced national developments and national characteristics.
* The Tribe of Joseph was divided into two other Tribes: Ephraim and Menasseh. People from ALL the Israelite Tribes congregated in North America, but in general Menasseh dominates the U.S.A. - Britain has characteristics of Ephraim.
* Reuben was important in France, Issachar in Switzerland, Benjamin in Belgium, Zebulon in Holland, Dan in Denmark, Naphtali in Norway, Gad in Sweden, the country of Finland was influenced by the Tribes of Simeon, Issachar, and Gad; Simeon, Dan, and Ephraim were important in Ireland.
* Proof exists confirming "Brit-Am Israel" identity beliefs. Some of the evidence has been presented in works by Yair Davidiy - such as “The Tribes” (1993), “Ephraim” (1995), “Lost Israelite Identity” (1996), "Joseph" (2001), "Ephraim" 2nd edition (2001), as well as in articles in our journal BRIT-AM (formally TRIBESMAN). Our sources include the Bible, Talmud, Midrashim, Commentators, Classical Greek and Roman historians, Chroniclers, Legends, Linguistics, Archaeology, and where pertinent - genetic and other scientific studies exist. Much additional evidence is available and needs to be uncovered and published. Even though we have revealed much of the evidence, it is not ours alone. Our proofs have never been properly refuted. This means that the identity of the Lost Ten Tribes of Israel with western peoples should be acknowledged. Once this acknowledgment is forthcoming, it is possible to discuss whatever practical conclusions need to be made. Knowledge of Brit-Am and its researches and similar studies needs to be spread to as many people as possible. We need assistance in every way possible including by way of contributions and/or purchase of our publications. This is very important. We also need input in the form of reactions, articles, and information.
* There is a need for the present-day "Jews" of Judah, and the Lost Ten Tribes, to recognize each other and to work towards re-unification and reconciliation. The Bible says that such reconciliation has to take place and at some stage, and will do so.
* Even though much of the evidence has been revealed by ourselves, it is not ours alone. Our proofs have never been properly refuted. This means that the identity of the Lost Ten Tribes of Israel with western peoples should be acknowledged. Once this acknowledgment is forthcoming it is possible to discuss whatever practical conclusions need to be made.
Knowledge of Brit-Am and its researches and similar studies needs to be
spread to as many people as possible. We need assistance in the way of contributions and/or purchase of our publications. This is very important. We also need input in the form of reactions, articles, and information.
There is a need for the present-day "Jews" of Judah, and the Lost Ten Tribes to recognize each other and to work towards re-unification and reconciliation. The Bible says that such reconciliation has to take place and at some stage, and will do so.
One of the first steps (and perhaps the most important of all) towards re-unification is the establishment and affirmation of Israelite Identity by the peoples in question.
Suggested lines of action:
* At first we will direct everything from here, from the top. As things progress we will devolve our control so that eventually members will determine themselves how the organization evolves, or at least possess the machinery to express their needs as a group.
* We will endeavor to be responsive all the time to the needs and suggestions of
* A minimal nominal fee should be requested - (see membership dues below).
* Members will receive a Certificate of Membership.
* Members will have the right to participate in decision making at meetings or via communication.
* Members will be encouraged to associate with other Members especially those of their own regions. Regional branches with autonomous status will be established for the sake of Members.
* Members should try to study at least a short portion of the Hebrew Bible
[i.e. "Old Testament"] every day.
* We are Orthodox Jews while many, (probably most), members will be believing
Christians. This is a problem so we should all try and work out a way of getting along with each other, spread the message and deepen it in ourselves.
* On the one hand we should try and take in as many people as possible and do as much good as possible to as many as we can, BUT if we take too broad an outlook we are in danger of nullifying the uniqueness of what we are trying to put across.
* Since this is what is needed and is a good thing we should go ahead as soon as we can. Even though we will surely make mistakes, as long as we endeavor to do our duty as well as we can, chances are that the Almighty will guide us.
God bless you all,
Membership Dues of Brit-Am are as follows:
One year = $40
2 years = $70
5 years = $120
Lifetime Membership = $500
If you wish to join Brit-Am please send payment for membership together with your name, address, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, to:
Brit-Am Israel Website
May 13, 2001>updated March 6, 2003